Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Well, I seem to think that I can only post if I have pictures to add. But in reality, I dont always have the pictures handy to share. So, this post will be no pictures. But I will share the pictures in the next post.

What's been happening in this house in the past week....? Let's see. On the weekend, my computer finally kicked the bucket. Yup, it was 7 years old and served us very well. But I was so mad at it when it wouldnt stay turned on...that day I phone future shop to find out what time they opened at (in Medicine Hat) and we took a day trip. I cant live without the computer. I feel so helpless knowing that all my info is on that old computer and I cant get it off right now. THe CD thing is broken so I couldnt save anything onto a disk before this happened. I am only computer savy to a certain point and that is beyond me. So, I will be taking it into Staples or somewhere in Swift to have them get all the info off of it. So I am feeling lost trying to navigate and find all the things that I loved about my old computer. Even my address book from my email is deleted. Grrrr!

And while we were in Future Shop, Casey got himself a new tv. Yup, happy anniversary to us. Me a new computer and Casey a new tv. I finally broke down and realized that he is the one working hard to pay for fun stuff, so if he is willing to work to pay this off then he should be able to spend it how he wanted. He was so happy. He had his diagram all measured out with how much space our stand had and he got the biggest Tv possible to fit in the space. 37in flat screen HD. Um, that's all I know about it. AND, we finally broke down and have gotten a dish. We havent had TV channels for a long time. In our 11 years together, we have probably had cable for 2 of those years (not all in a row either). THe kids are very excited!!!!

And right now, my poor Jada is sick. 2 days now of the runs, fever, she's thrown up once now. Not eating, drinking.....ahhhh.....hope this passes soon and we all stay healthy for the trick or treating. Got to love those Lysol disinfectant wipes. I probably go over everywhere that is touched in our house like 3 times. And the bathroom, everytime Jada is in there. My hands are so dry from all the washing. Stay strong body! I need you!

OH, and I have joined the Music Festival Board and this is a scarey adventure for me. I have read some of the to do list of the Entry Secretary and it looks to be a big job. But I think it is worth it, Eric and Sara are both attendants of this event in Shaunavon. Eric for piano (which he won a scholarship at last year) and Sara for singing and piano (another year before she is eligable to enter for scholarship) ANd I love watching them be musical and I know I will be around Fesitval for a long time yet, so why not help out. This is where I felt my volunteer efforts should be geared. Wish me luck! I could get stressed.

So, I will take pictures and post them later. Once I feel up to figuring out this computer with my camera. Going from WIndows XP to Vista. A bit of a difference.

No comments: