Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Giddy Up

Our nephew Royal has gotten a pony. (When I say that, in my mind a picture a miniture horse, but in reality it looks more like a half size horse, so yeah) Sara has been so excited to see it, so finally yesterday and today we went out to the pasture and saw it.

Yesterday, Casey was going to be the brave one and try to catch it. We were told that a little calling and a few carrots will get him to come (his name is Pal). Well, Casey called and walked and showed these carrots, but all Pal did was run the other way, farther and farther. SO...we drove down the side of the pasture to where Pal was now located and I thought I would give it a try. Well, a little bit of calling, waving a few carrots around and here comes Pal. It did take a while to gain his trust before I could put his rope around his neck, but I did it. The kids where able to sit on him bareback, and I walked them around the pasture. The kids where beaming.

So this afternoon, Auntie Rachel took us out again, only this time she brought Pal's saddle. I caught him again (since he wont come for Rachel either). My pride right now is way to high, but I just loved Pal. He was so good. We got his saddle on and I led the kids around again on the saddle. This time I ran with him so he trotted for the kids. Sara looked so beautiful with her hair flowing in the wind on top of a horse. She's my cowgirl. Jada did it all by herself as well, without an adult walking beside her. Eric is feeling confident that maybe next time he would like to try without me leading. Hum. We'll see.

No comments: