Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 6 - Thur. Aug 7

So the trek home begins today. Casey has to work on Saturday. We stopped in at Golden to go on Trail Rides with some great horses. Sara rode Ghost, Eric rode Fat Dan, and I rode Bandit. The ride was beautiful. Sara talked nonstop to the guide. Literally for the full 1.5 hours Sara didnt stop talking. this was her highlight of the whole trip. Jada wasnt old enough to go on the trail ride, but they did sit her on and lead her around for a bit on Fat Dan. We all walked funny after getting off the horses and my behind was killin me. But it was worth every ache. I love horses too.

We made it back to Canmore this day and we treated ourselves to a hotel. We all had terrible sleeps. Woke up with sore necks, backs, and woke up too early. It would have been better to sleep outside in the wonderful mountain air.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hey, I liked to hear in this one that YOU were the one to go with Eric and Sara - did Casey stay out with Jada? I'm glad you got to ride too!!!