Thursday, January 8, 2009

Miscellaneous (sp??)

Here's just some pictures that are fun. Sara and Jada snuggled on the chair and watched a show over the holidays. Sara is really starting to enjoy Jada's company more and more. SHe is a great big sister and willing to play more. This makes me very happy to see them bonding. I also got a chocolate fondue set from my grandma and we were all very eager to try it out. This was a great gift, again something we can all enjoy together.
Okay, so the kitchen is officially being started. Here is the new table and chair set that we got. It finally came a couple of days ago. I have it set up the other way on the wall now, but anyway, you get the idea. It is a bar height with 8 chairs. It also has a leaf, but we dont need it in unless we are having guests. I love the table already.

We have picked out the cupboards and counter tops, so today I will be talking to the wonderful lady at Home Hardware and get those ordered. Now the next step is to find the lino to go with it all. That decision has been in the works for a year now, and seems to be hard. But now that I can measure it against some nice cupboards and countertop, maybe it will prove to be easier. Also, that tile wall behind the table will be getting a painting, and the baseboards riped off and replaced and the last of the blue trim will be turned white as well. I cant believe that we are actually able to do these reno's to a home of our own. I am loving this. Thanks Casey!!!1

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Okay:
1. That table is GORGEOUS and I am very jealous.
2. Its so nice to hear that Sara is coming around towards Jada! Its so nice that they can be sisters together.
3. I can't wait to see the finished product of your kitchen!! :o)