Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ballerina

Jada went to her first class of Ballet this Tuesday, and she LOVED it. She is taking after her sister, Sara, and is going to be one beautiful dancer. I was expecting a fight, like I had with swimming lessons (I posted about it earlier, not sure how you all do the fancy link). So I was prepared with my treat bag, and toughness, but when the teacher opened the door and told all the girls to come in, she just went it. I was blown away.
Jada has been waiting to go to dance FOREVER. Escpecially when she saw Sara's dance recital at the end of last year, Oh my word, we have been talking about dance since then. Over the summer, Sara has been showing Jada how to do pilets (sp??) and toe points and spins and all kinds of dance moves. So, Jada was well prepared. She even picked out her own dance suit. Of course it has hearts on it like Care Bears do.

Jada smiled for the full 1/2 hour class, and had so much fun with the other girls. I could hear them giggling and chatting. It was so cute. My baby is growing up!!!
Jada is the one in hot pink. Here they are doing some stretching.
I was so proud of her for doing everything the teacher asked of her and be so involved in the class.
As a side note, today I had the priveledge of spending time with 2 of my neices and my nephew today. We all went for a walk downtown to get some stuff done (and of course I bought them a treat). So from left to right, Jada, Rishaya in the stroller, Royal and Lexi. They all where so good for me.
Hey you can see my shadow on Lexi's back. Heehee. It makes me look like a giant.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

OH MY GOODNESS JADA IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!
That is just so so so so so so sweet. (sigh) cute cute cute.
Thanks for posting these pictures. I especially love the one of them doing the stretching. Its' just TOO SWEET!
:o)
Okay, I'll quit gushing now.