Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Okay, sorry this has taken me so long to get this posted, but here it is...
My birthday was great. First surprise was that my brother Brian, and his girlfriend Jill came to my mom's for supper. They made just a day trip from Swift, so that was really nice. A highlight for having Uncle Brian there was that he brought his 22 rifle. (He is currently hunting so always on the look out) He blew up some pumpkins with the boys and they loved it. THen he took the boys (meaning Uncle Nathan & Eric) to go deer spotting, but what they came across deemed much more exciting then live deer. They must have just missed someone shooting a deer and gutting it. Eric said the blood was still fresh and he could see the stomach and veins....and on and on about the gooey gorry details of their find. Great excitment for boys!!!
My Mom made me this fabulous cake! It was so yummy! It had a brownie bottom, cheesecake middle with swirled white chocolate, chocolate cake on top with icing sugar icing. OH and dont forget the icing sugar snowflake (which was made with the left over paper from my card workshop that morning. It worked great for a template) IT WAS YUMMMY!!!!! (I think Jada picked out the mermaid for decorations)
Some things I got for my bday (I got a few more things, but never got them photoed). Casey and the kids got me a beautiful necklace. IT looks so much prettier in person. My Mom made me this gorgeous card. She hand stitched all the dark pink on the butterfly. Can you believe it? Then, to top it all off. my BESTEST FRIEND EVER, Colleen came to see me at Eric's hockey game in Swift. During first intermission (or whatever you call it) Colleen and William are hidding something and being all sneaky. And when she turned back to me, here she had this yummy brownie with a candle on it and she QUICKLY (I think it is against fire code to have an open flame in the building) sang happy birthday to me. She sure knows how to make someone feel special. Thanks Colleen. You are GREAT! The picture shows that it was dived into right away at the rink.

Oh and a rare occurance that hasnt happened yet for the employees at Taco Time...what is it you may ask....my loving hubby gets them to sing happy bday to me when they brought our food out.Thanks goodness there were only one other family in there (and we knew them). Rosey cheeks for me.

Thanks everyone for making me feel special on my day!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! :o) I'm not sure I would have appreciated the blood and guts description as well as you!! teehee - I had a hard time imagining the yummy cake that you described right after the gutted corpse! ick. But your mom is so amazing to make that cake and that card. She must really think you're great!
And I can't believe you took a picture of the brownies. :o) I'm glad to see you got a pretty necklace too. You deserve to be totally spoiled.
Did you know that 2 years ago today we were driving together still?? Remember how the car's interior light was on the whole last night (in the cold without being plugged in too!!) and we prayed so hard and then it started! yay God. That was such a crazy trip. Oh the fun times.
I hope you have a great day and a great weekend too!