Friday, November 28, 2008

Spinning

SO, yesterday was my day where I am at the rink from 230pm till 730pm. Yup, Thursdays are very long days.

Jada skates first.

Then Sara skates. WOW! She blew my mind yesterday. She is doing SPINS. She didnt skate not once last year, and the year before she was just starting to learn how to skate. So Sara is excelling so well with her abilities to skate. She is in the Star Skate program, and learning to figure skate. The spins, turns, jumps...I cant beleive that she is doing this stuff. They also are learning how to carry a flag. So at the beginning of some Greyhound hockey games here in town, the Star Skate girls will skate around with the Canada & Saskatchewan Flag during the singing of O Canada. I am so proud of Sara. I cant wait to see the final Carnival. YOu all are invited to come see too!! It's at the end of the year.

Then after Sara is done, Eric goes on with either hockey practice or a game. Yesterday was practice. He also is doing very well. HE is the team goalie. His skills in this area are really excelling from last year. He is so brave to get in front of those pucks flying at him. SO proud again.

Man, I have great kids!!! I love them so much.. while Eric was on the ice, Sara came and sat on my knee and asked me if I liked being a Mom. And with every fiber of my being I replied., "I love it. It is the best job I have ever had." Then there were lots of questions about getting married, and if I had a crush on boys when I was in grade 3, and wow, that was a great discussion.

Then as I lay in bed last night trying to fall asleep (which was really hard to do, b/c I drank some pop before bed and that doesnt do well with me), Jada yells out from her bed (completely asleep) I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!!! Sigh. I am having a great two days really seeing the blessings I have of being a mom to some great kids.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awww!!!! Those are the sweetest stories about your 2 girls yesterday - and Eric being goalie and Sara skating well!!! My Oh My! You do have the sweetest and most talented kids!!! :o)

I can't wait to hear what you girls did with your hair today.

I'm not sure about the game Sunday afternoon - it turns out we have a list of things to do this weekend that is longer than the weekend itself! But I will try to pop in with William for some of it.

Have a great time in Assiniboia! :o)