Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

So this is gonna be a catch up post.

Starting with Jada at skating. So, the first two days that Jada went to her skating class, she was bawling. She was wearing boys hockey skates, and falling constantly on her butt. Which really began to hurt. So, day three of skating, we put her in figure skates. WOW!!! She could stand up, move forwards and felt much more confident with the stability she got from them. (They have a flatter blade so it made standing much easier) Still having the occational fall and sore bum, I sewed a 'cushion' into her ski pants. YUP I DID!!! So now when she falls its not such a hard BUMP, but a nice pillowy landing. She is doing really well at skating and is amazing me each week. She is practising skating forwards, backwards, and turning around. Standing up on her own is still difficult (I think it is due to the ski pants). GOOD JOB JADA!!
Next, Casey took me to the Moose Jaw Spa for two nights to celebrate our 10th Anniversary! Yes I did say 10. Can you believe it has been that long?!?! Its amazing. So we had a beautiful room, complete with fireplace. And as a surprise, when we arrived, Casey's Mom had phoned ahead of us and had a cheese & cracker plate, as well as a fruit & dip plate, along with a sparkling Saskatoon Berry Cider (chillin) all set out on the table waiting for us. It was awesome. She really made us feel extra special. And the Saskatoon Berry Cider was AMAZING yummy! Casey had me booked in for a massage (which was so relaxing), and a manicure (which is my favorite). It was nice to spend time together. We hope to do this every year.
NOW for the part you may have been waiting for!!!! Yes, the Library Craft Projects. We did Christmas Countdown calendar, and a tag box. Both projects went great. I had the prefect number of people show up to make it very successful. The numbers all have velcro on the back so you can easily change them. AND, if you are wanting one, I have enough supplies to make three more. I can make them and deliver if you want. They are $15.
The ladies were an absolute joy to visit with! And it was fun to watch some of them step out of my 'box' and try some different layouts.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Okay, a) WOW Jada!! She's doing so so well at skating! I'm really worried for William because he got "big boy skates" for his birthday last week, and is going to try them out for the first time tomorrow, and I imagine that its gonna be tough. But they have to switch sometime, right?
b) you and casey look so relaxed! I hope you can have a weekend away every year too!
and c) the advent calendars look SO BEAUTIFUL!! :o) Love them.