Sunday, February 8, 2009

answered prayers

Oh my goodness! Has it really been since Jan 19th since I last posted. Eek! So sorry.

We have really gotten back into praying together as a family, and trying to make God our priority again. It felt so lonely and hard to be away from God, and we are so thankful that He is still here with us.

Anyway, a quick little story for today. It has been 2 weeks since we lost Eric's Nintendo DS. This has bothered me 1) b/c they are expensive and I really didnt want to dish out the cash again and 2) I know it came into this house and it is in here somewhere! So on Saturday, I finally was feeling really frantic about it, and couldnt stop looking for it. I looked everywhere. Our house has been turned up-side down and then put back again. It was no where to be found, and my heart was feeling really distressed about this. So, Casey finally said, "We need to stop this! What did we use to do in situations like this?" And Eric was quick to answer with "Pray". Yeah, we use to pray about everything, big and small. So we all stopped, Me, Casey, Eric, Sara, Jada, and Kate (my niece) and we just prayed together, that we would find it, or if it was gone that we would have peace about that too. WELL.....10 minutes.....literally.....we are in the van on the way to the movie theater and I turn on the interior light and say, lets look!!! SARA FOUND IT sticking out from under a seat. We had looked in the van several times already. God is so good. Little miracles are so great. We are so thankful that God hears us even in the small things.

No comments: